ABOUT THE ROOSEVELT ROADS REDEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Welcome to the Roosevelt Roads Redevelopment project, an information and education center about this extraordinary project that will enhance economic and social growth in Puerto Rico.
With a $2.46 billion investment, this project will generate approximately 24,700 jobs. Another 40,000 jobs will be created throughout the different construction phases.
Under the Governor’s Executive Order, the Local Redevelopment Authority (LRA) was created in 2004 for planning and implementation of property reuse at the former Naval Station Roosevelt Roads.
The LRA is the public face of the Roosevelt Roads Redevelopment project. Our objective is to create jobs and spur economic development in the eastern region and Puerto Rico, and integrate strategies for reuse that offset the economic impacts associated with the base closure in 2004.
If you want more information about the project, go to Developer-Investor, click here and Report-Studies, click here. If you are interested in aspects about the Community and project Benefits, click here.
- 24,700 direct, indirect and induced jobs
- $2.46 billion in procurement and investment
- 1,700 jobs annually on average during the construction phase
- $300 million in construction revenues for the state and municipalities
- Enhance tourist Island’s position – 1.1 million unique visitors and 2,500 new rooms
- $33 million in annual tax revenue
- Zone 1: Port Caribe "The Commercial Heart"
- Zone 2: Caribbean Riviera "The Destination Anchor"
- Zone 3: El Yunque Grande "The Premier Eco-Tourism Resort"
- Zone 4: Marsh Vista
- Zone 5: Eco-Outpost Base Camp
- Zone 6: Uplands
- Zone 7: Main Street
- Zone 8: Sports Cor
- Zone 9: Island Paradise
- Zone 10: Capehart
- Zone 11: Ceiba Park